WIRE EDM SERVICES
RMC demonstrated industry leadership early on by adding in-house Wire EDM capabilities for very precise cuts and shapes from hardened steels. Our innovative Wire EDM programmers and operators are familiar with the needs of a variety of different industries. They ensure all components are manufactured to the tightest tolerances.
Wire EDM can also be a high volume alternative for material types that are too brittle to be production stamped by a die. By stacking flat layers, machines are capable of wire EDM cutting high volumes of precision parts.
Our Wire EDM capabilities include:
- Two advanced Charmilles EDM machining centers
- 21.65” x 13.78” x 15.7” work envelope (larger projects can be accommodated, contact RMC for details)
- Tolerances of +/- 0.0001 (typical Wire EDM tolerances are smaller than a human hair)
- Tapering capability for conical or isometric radii and shapes
- Using both non-submerged and submerged cutting technology
- All conductive material (cuts soft or hard metals, including carbide)